The Nestlé Framework for Employee Health is one that aims to help Nestlé employees establish a culture of health and wellness through a passion for Nutritional Health and Wellness.
Our purpose and values shape everything we do. We believe strongly in providing our people with a variety of wellness opportunities that support our principle of ‘healthy minds in healthy bodies,’ and create the healthy workforce that sets us apart. With this in mind, we have implemented Employee Health & Wellness Programmes that reflect the specific needs and expectations of our people. These include the following:-
- Childcare and Breast feeding rooms at Head Office, breast milk expression rooms at our factories and Distribution centres
- Paid paternity and maternity leave for new Moms and Dads as well as Primary Caregivers, pregnancy benefits as well a new born benefit for our Nestle babies
- Flexible work conditions
- Access to a variety of employee assistance programmes including access to a psychologist for the employee and their family, access to a physiotherapist, access to legal counsel, access to financial counselling
- Weight management programmes, disease prevention programmes
- Nutritional training and access to healthy food options and a Dietician
- On site Gyms, running clubs, sport clubs
- HIV and Aids programme
- On site Clinics and Doctors and health screenings
- Comprehensive subsidised Medical Aid and wellness days
- An employee volunteer programme
Safety and Health
Nestlé is founded on caring: for our consumers, for the communities to which we belong, and, most fundamentally, for our colleagues. Safety and health is fundamental to everything we do and we’re committed to achieving zero accidents and that means we need to lead the world in our thinking and practices.