Nestlé South Africa is celebrating 100 years
Remember getting home from sports day and mum landed a kiss on your cheek and handed you a kiss and a glass of ice cold MILO? Or when you stayed up late to study and your
roommate made you a hot cup of NESCAFE? Or when you needed a quick snack after school, and your sister made you MAGGI 2-minute noodles? Or how about the time you got caught
sipping CONDENSED MILK straight from the tin? Or those smiley faces we all used to make out of SMARTIES.
We’re celebrating 100 years of these smile moments in South Africa and as part of this celebration you could win your share of R3million in prizes in participating stores. All
you have to do is SMS the last 4 digits of the barcode of any Nestlé product to 33230. Competition runs in-store from 16 May to 31 July. See instore for details.
Nestlé 100 Year Campaign Competition Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions set out below are a condensed version of the full competition terms and conditions located at www.nestle.co.za and participation in
this Competition is governed by these terms and conditions together with the full terms and conditions (collectively, the “Rules”). Entrants are encouraged to review the full terms and
conditions in addition to the terms and conditions set out below.
This competition is operated by Nestle South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“Nestlé”), who reserve the right in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, to amend these
Rules at any time.
Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of these Rules and entrants agree to abide by these Rules.
These Rules shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any entrant and Nestlé consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of
By participating in this competition, entrants agree to these Rules.
- This competition is limited to residents of South Africa. In addition, the following people shall not be eligible to participate in this competition:
- Directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of Nestlé (South Africa) Proprietary Limited and the organisers of the
- People who are not legal residents and/or legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- Spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 1.1 above.
- Persons under the age of 18 years.
- The competition shall commence on 16 May 2016 and will end on 31st July 2016. No entries received after the 31st of July 2016 will be considered.
To participate in this competition entrants must adhere to the following:
- Purchase any Nestle participating product (excluding all Infant Formula and Nido 1+ products) send the last 4 digits of the barcode to 33230 (sms charged at R 1.50).
- Potential winners will be selected from a random draw and will be notified that they are a potential winner via sms.
- The Prize:
- Participants in this competition stand a chance to win a share of R 3 million rand in prizes consisting of:
- 100 x Samsung A5 smart phones;
- 100 x Samsung 32” Series 4 HD LED televisions;
- 100 x Protea Hotel Vouchers to the maximum value of R8 000; and
- 200 x Titan Nova 26’’ Mountain Bikes.
- Nestle reserves the right to change prizes for the duration of the competition.
- How to claim your prize:
- At the time that a potential prize winner is identified, the potential prize winner will receive an sms, which sms shall contain a pin code and a telephone number which the
potential prize winner should call. During this telephone call, the potential prize winner may be required to present his/her pin code, answer a few questions regarding his/her
eligibility as well as be requested to submit certain documents such as proof of purchase (receipts) and a copy of his/her ID and/or driver’s license to the Nestlé representative.
- The potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his/her submission is validated and his/her documents are completed and submitted to Nestlé. If a potential prize winner
does not meet the eligibility requirements, the prize will be forfeited and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- If the potential prize winner fails to phone the number provided by 30th September 2016, he/she will forfeit the prize.
- Eligible winners will have their prizes, save for the Protea Hotel Voucher, delivered to them by a representative of Nestlé or a partner agency of Nestlé based on the information
they will have shared via the above mentioned telephonic conversation.
- For Protea Hotel Vouchers, prize winners will receive their Protea Hotel Voucher number electronically (or via any other means deemed suitable by Nestlé). The prize winner, when he
or she is ready to make a booking, can contact the Protea Hotel central reservation number. Bookings will only be permitted to be made within 12 months from the date that the voucher
number was issued to the prize winner. This voucher is only valid for a single booking even if the total amount of the voucher was not used in this booking. The voucher cannot be
used for any subsequent bookings.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Nestlé and/or any of its agencies may refuse to award a prize to an entrant if there is suspicion of any
irregularities or fraudulent activities.
- Nestle may require the winner to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement to enable Nestlé to ensure compliance with these rules. Should the winner be found not to have
complied with these rules, he/she will automatically be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. Winners may also be required to sign acceptance of prizes and indemnity documents.
- The prize is not transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption of prizes is permitted. The prize will not be handed/awarded to a third party, but only to the verified prize
- Nestlé reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for whatever reason.
- By entering this competition you authorise Nestlé and the promoter, to collect, store and use (not share) personal information of entrants for communication or statistical purposes.
You are entitled to decline any marketing communication by emailing email@example.com OR Dial *130*7445*1#. Any
- The winner or participants may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. Winners or participants shall at all times be entitled to decline
the above request. Winners or participants that take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity
and other materials will be the sole property of the promoter.
- The organisers of the competition reserve the right to cancel or postpone the competition at any time.
- For further information or enquiries please email our consumer services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on our toll free number, 086 0096 116.